25 April, 2007

Tryin' to get my groove on.

I am not yet in my groove.

It took me a very long time to create a comfortable groove once we moved to Hong Kong. Now that I have been away for three weeks, not only is my groove service interrupted but I had WAY too much time to think and now I am having a career crisis and baby crisis on top of that.

I had been a designer for almost eight years when we packed up and moved to HK. I have looked into doing that sort of thing over here and it really has no appeal. It is different. I am not interested. I would definitely consider going back to that once we are back in the States, but not here. It isn't worth explaining. I am just not interested.

What in the hell is a girl to do? Should I go back to school? Maybe. Should I self-learn something new? Maybe. The question is 'what?!?'. I have no idea. I am in a rut. Any suggestions are welcome. I am open to considering anything within reason and anything else would simply be entertaining...

As far as babies, we want some. The big question is when. And the more complicated questions are where, how, etc...
My brain is on baby overload. I think we should just get drunk and see how it plays out. Hehe.

I have been very preoccupied with thinking of these things and thinking them to death, which is just my way. All the while, I am trying to re-adjust to walking the dogs, shopping for groceries daily, laundry and lots of it, trying to find a home for all the crap laying around our flat from unpacking and hoping my legs don't take as long to adjust to walking so much.

I will get there and when I do then I will get back into my blogging groove, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my advice on having kids and when to have them if you are a career woman who wishes to return to her career after being a stay at home mom. Which I think you do.

Have them
1. Once your career is established and you can take a break and then return once they are older. Or you can work part time or freelance and keep your hold in the industry. If you do this, you need good help for those last minute rush days.

2. Have them when you can honestly take time away from your career for at least 3 years if you wish to be a stay at home mom and not work.

Once they are three, they can be in preschool and you can get back to work.

This does not apply if you wish to work and have your kids in daycare.

Also remember that if you want more than one kid, you should start before you hit that age when you need all the fun genetic testing, if that is what you opt to do. Pregnancy is a lot harder as you get older.

I have found that three years between kids makes it much easier to handle the kids. Less and it seems the mom has a harder time. More and it seems the kids are too far apart to play together well.

This all varies per family, just what I've seen.

In other words, now might not be a bad time to get started trying.

And remember, sometimes it takes a lot longer than expected to get pregnant. Or it takes just one try. You never know.

And finally, as much as you try to plan, you just cannot plan how it will all turn out.

Email me if you want to talk more about this.
-MMW

Anonymous said...

PS

I think you will have cute babies and they will have fun parents. Hope they like playing video games. That will come in handy with your family. Tee hee