23 March, 2007

Dinner and a show.

I just returned from dinner on the waterfront at i'Caramba, our only Mexican restaurant in Discovery Bay. There are others in HK, just not here where we live.

Anyway, I just enjoyed a strawberry margarita and chicken tacos with rice and black beans. Mmmmm, that was so good. I loaded it down with Jalapeno Tabasco sauce which is my new favorite condiment.

While I dined waterfront, I was able to sit back and enjoy the cool breeze coming off the harbor and watch the Disney fireworks light up the night sky.

The only thing that could have made it more enjoyable is if my hubby were there with me, but he is in Singapore working his butt off...

The price of dinner is a rip off, but damn it is good. And it will feed me lunch tomorrow, too, so that evens out the price.

Ahhh, it doesn't get much better than that...

5 comments:

Yoshi said...

Any dinner that will feed you lunch as well is always a good meal. :)

Sounds like some good food!

tiggerprr said...

I know this is going to be a silly question...but does it taste authentically Mexican (or Tex-Mex LOL)? :)

HK Muse said...

I think it tastes pretty authentically Tex-Mex. It is good. The margarita wasn't too good, but it was strong!

Anonymous said...

How much did dinner cost? Are you getting used to the monetary system?

HK Muse said...

The dinner for one was only $25US with the margarita, which may be comparable to some US restaurants, but it is high dollar here.

It took several months to adjust, but I am used to Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) now. The paper money is very pretty and colorful.

I still convert everything to USD in my head before I buy.