18 March, 2007

Out cruisin' in our Benz



Cybr and I went with a group of friends to Tai Mei Tuk and rented bicycles. In the rain, although that part wasn't planned.

There were seven of us total and four of us rented Benz's. That is what they are called, I swear! And I am seriously referring to the funny red two seat-er bicycle with an extra passenger seat in the front.

We rode along a dam that separates Tolo Harbor from a reservoir. That is what you see in the picture above, the dam we rode along. There were speed bumps along the way and we would pedal as fast as we could, hit the speed bumps and bounce hard, then skid sideways to a stop. We almost tipped once. It was a great time.

Everyone else rode safely and thought we were absolutely insane.

We had a delicious lunch and learned that Beef Stroganoff is just not the same over here. I thought it was good, but it had A LOT of veggies in it. I had a local dessert that sounds gross, but tastes sooooo good. It is steamed soy milk curd. Sounds icky, huh? Well, it looks it too. Mmmmm...I wish I had some right now. It is called Tofu Fa and I am certain that is not how to properly spell that, but that is the best I could do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are getting out and enjoying yourselves while your in HK. It looks and sounded like GREAT fun!