21 February, 2007

Blah, blah, blah...


That is how I am feeling today and for no apparent reason. I just feel blah. Not bad, not good, not really anything.

I am sure it will pass.

I think too much, that is the real source of my problem. I can't stop, my mind never seems to shut off. I haven't been sleeping well because of it, I go through phases like that.

So, I will just maunder a bit...

I read a lot in order to focus my mind on something other than the constant reel of thoughts and images. I just finished all three "Books of Blood" by Clive Barker. I read them back when I was in junior high, but wanted to read them again since it had been a while and I enjoyed every morbid detail. Before that I read "The Rising" and the sequel "City of the Dead" by Brian Keene. Those were great. I was on edge waiting for the sequel to come out. It was just as good as the first book. I also recently read a few biographies on severely abused children. Books like "Sickened", "Ghost Girl" and "Behind Closed Doors". I have this morbid fixation on these terribly sad, true stories. I can't get enough of them for some reason. I think it captivates me that the people writing these stories really experienced such horrible atrocities and survived. I relate to their strengths and weaknesses in a number of ways, as I am sure many people do.

So, when I read I don't think as much. I sing, too. It makes my mind slow down.

Today I am listening to and singing Tori Amos - "Happy Phantom".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share your morbid fixation on the macabre. I think it's funny (ironic funny, not ha ha funny) that most of the people I know who like dark movies, music or books are some of the nicest people with the best sense of humor.

Yoshi said...

Books of blood, definitely a great series. I especially loved (and hated) the story Dread. stupid clowns.

I've been obsessing over the Jim Butcher books, The Dresden Files. They just started that show on Sci-fi, but i have yet to watch it.

the books are incredibly great. They just keep getting better and better. You might like em. :)

HK Muse said...

Thanks for the book suggestion, I am all out of books to read. Oh, and we thought of you while I was reading Dread...hehe.

KD, you are so right. People have always said how "sick" and "warped" I must be to like that stuff and it has nothing to do with that. It is ironic...