05 February, 2007

Peas and catfood...


It's not easy to tell the difference, right? Okay. Clearly it isn't difficult to differentiate between the two (fyi...peas are on the left).

So, since there is an obvious difference, then I must be completely out of my mind.

I was making dinner and while I was multi-tasking with the pasta and the sauce and trying to remember not to burn the garlic bread, I decided to put the peas into the microwave. This should be a simple task. But I am a special person and I can make heating canned peas into an ordeal...

I started draining the pasta and realize something smells funny. I check the garlic bread, no it's good. Then the microwave dings and I think "Peas are done!", so I turn to take them out of the microwave and...wait...the peas are sitting on the counter next to the microwave...so what did I just microwave?!?...

Ahh, yes, you guessed it! The cat food! That explains the smell, too!

I busted a gut laughing at myself. I do that a lot.

It took a moment to catch my breath, due in part to the smell (eww, not a good one) and the laughter, and called out "DINNER" to Cybr.

He came in and asked "What is that smell?!?" I told him it was his dinner and handed him the cat food and then laughed so hard I could not speak again. Finally, I was able to tell Cybr what I did and he laughed at me too. He does that a lot, too.

It was an interesting dinner. Hey, I didn't burn anything except the cat food!

1 comment:

tiggerprr said...

I can only imagine what that smelled like. Ewww! LOL