27 February, 2007

It's a nice day for a white wedding...er, I mean pink.






Here are some wedding pics, for those who may be interested in seeing them. We wish we had more time to plan and to arrange for all of our friends and families to be there. It was a great day.

I clearly did not wear a traditional dress, as there was really no time for that. I am not normally a "pink" person and in spite of my daintiness (no laughter, please), I am not very "princess-ey". But on this occasion, with very little time for selecting a dress and not really time for major alterations, a princess-ey pink dress caught my eye. I shopped non-stop for days after work. It was exhausting. Nothing ever fits me because I am short and (eh-hem) shapely. Not to mention, I really do NOT like to shop. So, while trying on dress after dress, I kept passing the clearance rack and seeing this princess-ey dress. It was not at all what I was looking for, but it kept calling to me saying "You know you want to be a princess for just one day and you like to play dress-up, you freak, so just try me on...". And lo and behold, it fit. Except for the length which was a minimal alteration. That is how the pink dress came about. And I loved the princess for a day feeling, it was great. And I love a good bargain, too -- BONUS!

Now that I have bored everyone to tears about my dress, here is the good stuff...

We were married at the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. More specifically, the ceremony was held in the Chinese Garden area of the Botanical Gardens. It was a place that is apparently not highly sought after for weddings, as it was available on short notice...of course, that could be because of the oppressive July heat, as well. Either way, we were there and it was lovely. There was a very cool artist display there at that time, as well. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Chihuly for more info. It was pretty cool.

My favorite picture is the one of my feet...in the bathroom. This pic is courtesy of Mae. I love that one! She must understand my sense of toilet-humor. Hehe.

4 comments:

Yoshi said...

Damn I wish I could have been there. Ugh. stupid surgery.

HK Muse said...

Mae, you are right about your hubby. He did the most awesome ceremony. He way surpassed our expectations and that of our families, too. His delivery was perfect.

Yosh, we wish you could have been there, too. Surgery sucks!

Anonymous said...

You look very beautiful and I LOVE the dress it's very Princess-ish.
We wish we could of been there with you to celebrate!
I got the CD of pics bytheway
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson