05 February, 2007

New Addition


Cybr and I went to the Goldfish Market in Mong Kok and we bought a hamster...strange, but true.

I would like to introduce everyone to our newest addition to our fuzzy family, Pixel.

He is a Chinese Hamster and he is so tiny and cute. He is very gentle, sweet, and completely fearless of the cat and dogs.

Initially, Chini would have liked to have had him for a snack until we convinced her he was just a baby puppy. Now she thinks it is HER baby and she watches him constantly and whines if she cannot see him. She is very protective when we have him out. When we put him in his ball on the floor, she follows and watches him.

Francois ignored him at first, we even put Pixel on Frankies back and Frankie didn't even notice...very entertaining for us. Then, he decided that maybe he should at least make like a cat for a moment and get the mouse but all that entailed (hehe, tail) was him pressing his (clawless) paw onto Pixel. That was it. He was done. Although, he does enjoy watching him in his cage, most especially when he runs in the ball. They touch noses periodically, too.

Guinness doesn't mind him one bit. He thinks it is a baby, too, what with all the hoopla required to convince Chini. Sometimes he resents the baby, because HE is THE baby, as far as he is concerned.

He is so tiny and cute that I could just squish him...but I wouldn't!

1 comment:

Insomnic said...

cybr linked me over and in browsing through I find this!

You have named your hamster after my Cat!

That cracks me up.