04 February, 2007

When dreams mimic life

I had a dream the other night that I just cannot get out of my head. It is very simple dream among a long history of memorable, colorful, significant dreams of mine, but it is perhaps the most ironic of them all.

I remember a lot of my dreams and they are always in color, very vivid and frequently powerful and real. Although this particular dream is simplistic, it stands out.

In this dream, I try on every pair of pants in my closet that do NOT fit. The ones that are too small, but I still hold onto the hope of fitting into again someday (pants aren't cheap, so that is my excuse for keeping them). I just keep trying on pair after pair of pants and all of them "ALMOST" fit...but not quite.

This is my dream. They almost fit, but not quite. I am almost there, where I want to be, but not quite. I do not get upset or even annoyed by this, I simply accept it.

Okay, is this a dream or is this reality? Seriously, this dream may or may not be about pants...it may very well be about my life...or every one's life...or a lot of peoples' lives...

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I have to say that I woke from this dream and told Cybr about it and we both cracked up on this dream for at least a day. Every time something was "almost" right, we made a joking reference back to my dream. It was quite funny and yet I cannot get past how true to life that sensation actually is or how frequently it can be experienced. And it cracked us up repeatedly, which is a bonus.

I had to share my uneventful dream that has an uncanny resemblance to life...

No comments: