06 February, 2007

Stuff that I think about...

This is one of my favorite pics of my sweetie...he appears to be in deep thought (or preparing to pee in the ocean). Either way, I love this one.

This is one of the beautifully landscaped walkways that we pass through on a daily basis. Most everything here is landscaped meticulously.
These are some of the most recent additions to my weird sock collection. I like weird socks and I don't feel the need to explain myself...much. I DO wear them and I like having quirky socks on for some odd reason, and I have had this weird sock thing since junior high school. One of the perks to living in HK is that weird socks are in abundance here and are very cheap, too. YAY! More funny socks for me!!!

This is the building next to ours...Ours looks just like it, but is covered in green mesh so that people don't get hit in the head with construction materials. So, you really can't see it well. Anyway, all of the buildings here are undergoing routine maintenance construction and are scaffolded in ALL BAMBOO. It is kinda cool to watch them construct the scaffolding and it is AMAZING how fast it can be assembled and how high they can go with it. We are in a low rise apartment building, but they do this to the ginormous buildings too. Along with the admiration for how efficient this bamboo scaffolding is, it also brings to mind that it isn't a wonder that Panda's are running low on food.
Mmmmm....REALLY fresh seafood. It is still alive. They "hog-tie" all the crabs so they can't fight or escape.
This is the view looking down from our balcony. I love the sound of waves crashing into the shore, but sometimes it really makes me have to pee.
All of the eggs we see here are all brown eggs, this proves that eggs really do come from a chicken's butt! Actually, it does come as a shock to some people to see eggs that aren't white, but I can say for certain that they come in a variety of colors...brown being the most common. I grew up on a farm and collected eggs straight from the chickens and washed the poo off of them ('cause chickens are gross and poo on everything, thus the joke that they come from a chickens butt...I really do know better.).
I hope this gives everyone something to think about! Or, uh, not...


3 comments:

tiggerprr said...

Cool pictures! :) I really love weird socks too. It's great fun embarrassing Ashlyn with my holiday socks.

That's so cool that you can see Disney. Is it noisy at all?

Buddha said...

Cool pictures!

I love having a direct link to what's going on with you in Hong Kong!

I can't wait to come visit.

Anonymous said...

BUDDHA is Heather by the way.

Haha hee hee I crack myself up I have no idea why it took Buddha instead of Heather. Sorry about that.