05 February, 2007

Shout out to Mae Midwest!


I just wanted to thank my dear friend, Mae Midwest, for mentioning my blog in her recent post.

I also want to thank her for TOTALLY GETTING the "Frankie Goes To Hollywood" parallel in my blog title "Francis Goes To Hong Kong"...it was subtle, but she got it. I was concerned it might be too obvious to go with "Frankie" and too subtle to go with "Francis", but since we rarely ever call him Frankie I opted for Francis. I am just glad someone got it.

And, yes, I am a big dork for thinking that was a funny title...at least I am not in denial!

I thought the picture of my orange kitty curled up on top of HIS orange kitty was cute. It is his bed, he sleeps there every day. I had no idea he would adopt the stuffed orange kitty when I purchased it, but he did!

Oh, and just to share a little of my own bizarre quirkiness (this is the nice way to describe my being a little bit crazy)...

I think I mentioned that Francis' full name is Francois B. Douix Douix. And that we usually call him B. Douix (B Doo, for an simpler spelling/pronunciation), but I have yet to mention that we call him Doo Doo a lot, too. This is no big deal, really, since sometimes he is a real Doo Doo head...however, I do go overboard from time to time and say things that sound crazy to anyone outside of this household. Things like, "I LOVE Doo Doo" and "This is a squishy Doo Doo" and there are probably other phrases that are equally disturbing if you don't know I am only speaking about my cat.

Okay, it sounds kinda crazy even from within the household...seriously, I am not a fecalphiliac.
M-kay?

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thanks so much for leaving the message on my blog. It's wonderful to meet people all around the world.

I look forward to following your Hong Kong adventures. I have been to Hong Kong and had a fantastic holiday.